If you are planning to travel abroad to a country where you may require additional vaccination or protection against malaria you can arrange a telephone consultation with one of our Practice Nurses.
Listed below are the type of questions the nurse will ask during the call:
* Departure and return travel dates
* Travel destination(s) and length of stay
* Future travel plans
* Whether you will have access to medical help when you are away
* Who you will be travelling with
* Reason for travel/type of holiday (eg business, resort holiday, backpacking)
* Geographical Area (eg urban, rural, coastal)
* Accommodation type
Please have this information to hand prior to the telephone consultation. Based on the information you give, the nurse will be able to consider the vaccinations you may need and during the call will discuss when to book an appointment. This is usually at least 8 weeks prior to your departure as it will allow time for the vaccinations to have full effect. If you are travelling in less than 8 weeks then please contact the surgery.
Please note that while there is no charge for the appointments, some travel vaccinations and malaria tablets are not funded by the NHS and so there is a charge for these, which will need to be paid at the time of the appointment. Please contact the practice if you wish to enquire about the costs of different vaccinations.